This week has been pretty great. I know it’s a little untraditional to do a week recap on a Thursday. I mean, it’s technically not even over. But I say, “Why not?”. Thursday-Thursday is a full week. So, there you go. It totally works. Without further adieu (i.e. meaningless blathering) I bring you scenes from my delightful week!
1) I interviewed with the American Dental Association for a summer externship and am beyond happy to report that they offered me a position.
I just want to take a moment to say how wonderfully blessed I am to have been given this opportunity. The ADA is exactly what I was looking for in an externship and I am beyond excited to spend the summer there. It just shows that if you work hard and have faith in yourself, wonderful things can happen.
And, that was very schmaltzy. True, but schmaltzy.
Anyhoo, funny story of how I first saw the offer email. There were some heavy hints at the end of the interview that I would be getting a quick response. I figured this meant within the day or maybe over the weekend. Instead, I checked my email in the Anthropologie dressing room about fifteen minutes after my interview and there was already an offer waiting in my inbox. I flailed a little in the dressing room. Called my brother. Flailed a little more.
In fact, I think I’m still flailing.
2) I went back to my old internship’s office after my interview and visited with my former supervisor. It was so nice to catch up with her and be back in the office. I had a big hit of nostalgia as I was walking down the hallway. So many things had changed since I had last been there – I’m in law school; I’m out of the city; I have BANGS. It felt good to go back, though, and have something concrete to report. I knew about my offer at that point and it was very special for me to be able to share that.
Past this, the week’s substance drops significantly.
You’ve been warned.
3) One of my friends started watching Doctor Who a few weeks ago, and I’ve been riddling him with questions about what episodes he’d seen and how he liked it. Today he told me that he was no longer watching. He is two episodes away – TWO EPISODES – from the wonder that is David Tenant’s Doctor and he is quitting.
To be honest, it sort of hurts my soul.
4) I went to Best Buy with my roommate last week and bought a chord that connects my computer to our television. This means I now get to watch Netflix (i.e. Buffy, Doctor Who, Firefly, I CAN’T EVEN HANDLE ALL OF THIS) on the big television. It’s basically the greatest thing since sliced bread. Also, when you are sitting on the couch and your computer is out of reach, that auto-play function that Netflix added about a year ago is dreamy.
5) I want to marry this man.
This really has nothing to do with the week, but I felt like it needed to be said. Because Ben Wyatt is perfection and has the hair of a shampoo model.
What has your week been like?