Yesterday I had the immense pleasure of finding out that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award over on Purple Closet Beauty! For those of you unfamiliar with the Liebster award, it’s designed for the smaller audience blogs with 200 or less readers. Hello, my four to five readers, they’re talking about you! When I went to read the award’s accompanying post, I was surprised and delighted to see my blog posted as:
Witty Commentary from Tip Top Shape
Rule of thumb over here – if you want to me to like you, tell me I’m pretty. If you want me to love you forever and compose sonnets in your honor, tell me I’m witty. Don’t worry Nathalie, I’m not actually composing sonnets over here, but I am really excited to be nominated. So, to accept my nomination I will share 10 facts about me and then answer the nomination questions. Hopefully I can make this mildly entertaining.
THE FACTS – aka Things You Never Knew or Cared To Know About Me
1) I am a TV addict. At one point, I was religiously following eight shows at once. This was when I was in high school and lacked real responsibilities.
2) The word blood makes my feet feel all weird. Like, right now. My feet feel weird.
3) I can give the Gilmore Girls a run for their money in coffee consumption.
4) My favorite book and movie is Gone With The Wind.
5) Nora Ephron is my favorite writer and her works have inspired me in both writing and life. When she passed last year, I took it much harder than someone who has never met her probably should have.
6) I’m a terrible cuticle-picker and will often splurge on manicures because I have the mentality that if I shell out a bunch of money to get my nails done I won’t pick at my cuticles. This logic proves faulty every time.
7) People tell me a lot that I look like Lea Michele. They also tell me I remind them of Zooey Deschanel. As neither looks like the other, you can probably understand my resulting confusion.
8) I don’t like tomatoes but love tomato sauce.
9) I tried going vegan for about a month but then realized I couldn’t live without bacon.
10) I’m in law school and planning to pursue a career in medical malpractice defense.
THE QUESTIONS – aka More Things You Never Knew or Cared To Know About Me (The Cherry-picked Version)
1) What is your current obsession?
What is not my current obsession? I sort of love all things. I’m an equal opportunity lover. If I had to choose one thing, though, it’d probably be Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It’s sort of a timeless obsession since it’s one of my favorite shows, but I have been bingeing on the episodes more than usual lately.
2) What food do you think everyone should try at least first?
Dates. People give them such a bad rap because they kind of look like shriveled cockroaches. BUT, they are amazing. Especially when stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in bacon.
3) What is your favorite city?
I went to Spain a few years back and fell in love with Madrid. Everyone just dresses so beautifully there. Sweats are not an option. I don’t even think I saw that many people wearing shorts or capries (it was summer). The entire city was just beautiful and full of history and culture. I loved every minute I spent there.
4) What was your biggest surprise?
When I went to law school I was really worried that I wouldn’t make friends quickly. I usually take some time to warm up to people, but I clicked with so many people immediately here. And the best part? I’m still friends with all of them!
5) Last book that made you laugh?
Mindy Kaling’s Is Everyone Hanging Out With Me? (And Other Concerns) is one of the funniest books I have ever read. Her humor is so much like mine and I find myself laughing at every page. She has an entire bit about why she does not have one night stands that literally could have come straight from my own diatribes to friends on the subject. Just, do yourself a favor and read that book. You will not regret it. And if you do, you can come back here and tell me that I have terrible taste in books.
My Nominations Are:
Rach @ This Italian Family — her posts never fail to make me smile!
Autumn @ Good Eats Girl — her recipes are just fabulous
Fancy This…Fancy That — okay, this one is larger than 200 followers, but Ameena is too fabulous to not include! Her posts are HILARIOUS.
A Bitchin’ Kitchin – Maggie has some amazing recipes and her blog name may be the best out there
Hope you check these lovely ladies out!